Belfius – Forward
A learning programme for young potentials
I have been co-designing and co-facilitating learning programmes for young potentials in Belfius (and the former Dexia) since 2010, more specifically the part of the programme called ‘ From Inspiration to Action’.
Over the course of 9 months, the participants of Forward work on a wide range of hard and soft skills. ‘From Inspiration to Action’ encourages them
- to apply those skills to real life challenges,
- to go beyond the obvious and venture into the unknown,
- and to work together co-creatively.
Other aims are transversal networking and knowledge building.
In 2016 we will use Theory U as a guiding structure, using 3D scultping, learning journeys, reflection and prototyping to investigate the social role of a bank, the added value for the bank, and the role young people can play to bring about the necessary changes with regard to this. The participants will work on a mini-action-plan for a possible prototype, the Belfius Young Community will decide which prototypes are viable and will help them to set them in motion.
- In the past I have been working together with Cyriel Kortleven, Mahmood Nisar and Karen Van Heuckelom, for the 2016 edition my co-host is Julie Arts.
- Talent, Leadership and Change Manager Bénédicte Marchal is the driving force behind the programme, and since 2015 the Belfius Young Community (BYC) also plays a crucial rol in the journey.
- A third partner joining us in 2016 is Binario, an organisation that brings together people working in regular economy with people working in social economy.